Wednesday, January 12, 2011

CHAMBER EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR RESIGNS

Resignation Announcement Email from Terri Jeffreys

Submitted to Shelton Blog by Jack Miles

Dear Valued Members:


I am sorry to announce I have resigned my position as Executive Director
of the Shelton Mason County Chamber of Commerce to allow me to join my husband in our new business, Jeffreys Management Services, a utility management services company. I will continue in my present position until a replacement is hired.

This was a difficult decision to make. I am excited to join my husband in
this new venture. At the same time however, I regret not being able to continue leading the Chamber in our efforts to grow a strong business environment and vital economy for Mason County.

I will continue to be
involved as a member and lend my hand in support of this great organization. I have appreciated working with and serving such a dedicated group of people who have inspired me with your entrepreneurial spirit, care of our community and tenacity to do what it takes to be successful business people.

Thank you for your faith and confidence in me and mostly, thank you for
supporting your Chamber of Commerce.

With warm regards and appreciation,


Terri Jeffreys

Executive Director
Mason County Progressive

4 comments:

  1. What is a "utility mangement services company?"

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's kind of a complicated question: There are companies that assess your energy consumption, audit your bills and then serve as an avocate for any overcharges. Such companies are not, however, limited to residential or commercial clients, and can be employed by municipalities. Businesses engaged on this scale typically have a broad scope of knowledge when it comes to the workings of the energy industry, and may also be well-connected. Given Terri Jeffries' support of the Adage proposal, it's reasonable that an eyebrow or two may be raised by some nattering naybobs of negativism, but, hey, you go girl!

    ReplyDelete
  3. At serious risk of being nailed a "nattering naybob of negativism", my comment is:

    It certainly seems that a "utility management services company" could very possibly be concerned with managing electric power from a local biomass plant to California!!!

    (For those not familiar with the Nixon years: "Nattering nabobs of negativity", penned by speechwriter William Safire for Spiro Agnew, was the phrase used by the former Vice President to refer to the "liberal" media. Agnew certainly had reason to discourage press scrutiny as he would later be convicted of tax evasion and money laundering in connection to bribes he took as governor of Maryland.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Now, there you go again... Right away a girl wants to make a few bucks at the back end of a Chamber gig and you go and get all suspicious. That's the trouble with you people, you have no trust. I'm stick'n with the glorified meter-reader theory.

    ReplyDelete