Friday, May 13, 2011

Same Source Determination Request Update


RE: SEPARATE SOURCE DETERMINATION FOR
PROPOSED SOLOMON RENEWABLE ENERGY FACILITY

Submitted to Shelton Blog by Katherine Price Mason County Progressive

On April 5, 2011, I sent a lengthy letter to the Department of Ecology in
connection with their "Separate Source Determination for Proposed Solomon Renewable Energy Company Facility." A copy was posted on this blog.

I was rather hoping to at least receive an acknowledgment of that letter, with perhaps some excuse for why they could not or would not reconsider their position; or a song and dance about how they might reconsider it, but being short-staffed like other government agencies their actual
response might take some time. These were my expectations. Instead, I received a resounding -- nothing.

In re-reading my letter I note that at one point I referred to Solomon as "Simpson" (an easy enough mistake to make if you live in Shelton), but the rest of the document clearly addresses the "Solomon" facility, as did the documents I included for their information, so their continued silence is puzzling.

However, because I am stubborn I have written to Ecology again. This time my letter was sent certified mail, return receipt requested.

I will keep the air-breathing community updated in the event my follow-up letter is deemed worthy of a reply from the Department of Ecology.

The text of my May 11, 2011, letter follows:

CERTIFIED MAIL/RETURN
RECEIPT REQUESTED

May 11, 2011

DEPARTMENT OF ECOLOGY
Attention: Jeff Johnston, PhD
Science and Engineering Section Manager
Air Quality Program
Post Office Box 47600
Olympia, WA 98504-7600

Re: Separate Source Determination for Proposed Solomon Renewable Energy Company Facility

Dear Dr. Johnston:

Enclosed is a copy of my letter to you of April 5, 2011, together with the documents referred to in that letter.

I am hopeful that you might have had the opportunity by now to review the letter and documents.

I am also hopeful that, based on the documentation provided, you intend to reconsider your “Separate Source Determination” and issue a “Same Source Determination” for the Simpson/Solomon plant.

I would appreciate a reply to my correspondence at your early convenience,
or at least an acknowledgment that my correspondence has been received.

If you and/or Ecology decide not to reconsider the determination, I would
appreciate being advised so that I might pursue other available remedies.

Thank you for your attention to this inquiry.

Very truly yours,

Katherine Austin Price

/kap
Enclosures

Link to previous related post "Reopen DOE Separate Source Determination":
http://masoncountyprogressive.blogspot.com/2011/04/reopen-doe-separate-source.html

2 comments:

  1. Got my return receipt today, 5-13-11. I hope that my letters are worthy of a reply!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I'm pretty sure this is going to involve one of my very personal "hand deliveries." Give it a few days, Katherine, I need time to find my surgical gloves.

    ReplyDelete