Sunday, November 28, 2010

We Are Not Going Away Jack K.

More anti-ADAGE fanatics?

Submitted to Shelton Blog by John Cox


I just read Jack Krause's letter in "The Journal" entitled "Civility has deteriorated". I think I met him once at one of Commissioner Miles' Citizen's meetings. He showed up with a group from the Washington Pilot's Association whose purpose in coming seemed to be for entertainment (they kept snickering when others asked questions); or disruption (shouting "YOU'RE RUDE" at Commissioner Miles' every statement...see post:
SEMPER FI, JACK!); and for a 2nd act, Steve (he sure seems to have his fingers in a lot pies around here) Bloomfield insisting Jack Miles should resign. Very civil of them.

Jack K. wrote that he has not seen a "community more intent on taking care of their own". I don't know what to say to that. It is just SO true!....but, I think we would differ in what the membership of that community might be. Clearly, there are a lot people in this county who do not feel they are being taken care of, quite the opposite in fact, they feel they are being taken. I am one of them. I feel like I am getting screwed by the ADAGE and Simpson incinerators. I apologize for my crude language. No, never mind, I really don't.

Jack K. then accuses an elected official and many citizens of siding with radical movements. Oh, Senator McCarthy where are you now? I am surprised he didn't use the "T" word...you know...terrorists. From what I've seen here in Shelton, the radical, anarchistic, terrorists generally have a least a few gray hairs, and a few grandchildren too. Actually the grandchildren tend to be source of inspiration for these radicals, not some boogiemen hiding in Jack K.'s closet.

I have seen the "paparazzi" he mentions. One is 65 year old women with gray hair and a nice smile. The other is mother of two kids who happens to live too close to Simpson, and doesn't like having inhalers as a shared family experience. Well, I don't like having my photo taken either. I haven't found a photographer yet that is able to take a photo of me that makes me look good. I also have NEVER heard anyone screaming about their right to take photos at any of the numerous meetings I have attended. Maybe I missed that meeting.

Ok, Jack K., so what is an anti-ADAGE fanatic? Is fanatic a grade of anti-ADAGEism? Like 1+, 2+, 3+, fanatic? Or maybe it refers to how many of the numerous toxic emissions you prefer to not breathe? Like, you are only a fanatic if you object to more than 3 pollutants? If you only object to say....dioxins, sorry, you are just a low grade anti-ADAGEist. I rarely run across anyone I would call a fanatic lately, except maybe Jay Hupp or Tim Sheldon. These two are obviously ADAGEist fanatics. Ask anybody.

As for the court hearings, sometimes you lose, but it doesn't make you wrong.

Then Jack K. goes on to say that meetings often have to be abandoned because the fanatics become so disruptive. You are one word twisting rascal, Jack. I have only seen one meeting abandoned. The one where Chairman Hupp pounded his gavel and declared the meeting over when he couldn't stop another Commissioner from objecting to the way the meeting was being run. I don't think that qualifies as "often" or fanatical, just pissed off (yes, I know, crude language again).

I just want to close this post from the "vortex of rabid dissent" (nice phrase, can I use it?). I don't think I care much for politicians that Jack K. considers "qualified". We already have quite a few of those. We need elected officials that really want to hear what citizens have to say. We need elected officials that will insist that all the workings of their offices are in the open, visible to all. We need elected officials who are willing to fight for what's right, even when they are attacked and plotted against. What we need is more of the "ilk of the antis". (I really like some of Jack's phrases though. Are you sure you're not a closet anarchist, Jack? Anarchists are really good with phrases, you know.)

We are not going away Jack K. I think a lot of people have had their eyes opened by what has been going on in this county. Things like this just continue to grow. Jack K. would call it a cancer in the county. I call it a new heart.

Shelton Blog invites Mr Krause to comment if he so wishes.

Photo by Christine

3 comments:

  1. Oh well said, John.

    I await Mr. Krause's response to these posts, as he has been invited a few times now to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Because we care about the 50,000 souls who live within Mason County, we will remain True to our resolve and convictions. We care about you, Mr. K., also, you know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_kR0-4NgjyrA/TMnwmYrt5CI/AAAAAAAABKk/dXIthZ_iKnw/s1600/img_4440.jpg to the left of clampirate sits Jack Krouse

    ReplyDelete