Friday, October 1, 2010

Jack Miles says: "Take back the Port of Shelton!"


Submitted to Shelton Blog by Jack Miles


I am responding to Tom Davis' posting: After reading the posting Tom Davis provided Thursday evening, I am convinced "The Three Amigos" have completely lost it at the Port. I'm referring to Jay Hupp, Tom Walitner and John Dobson.

For the past several weeks, I have been kept out of Port communications, under the direction of Jay Hupp and the Port Attorney. They have had me under investigation to find out if I violated the "Appearance of Fairness Doctrine" because I was seen at protests with my constituents and believe in their cause "TO PRESERVE THE QUALITY OF LIFE IN MASON COUNTY."

On Tuesday, as a commissioner, I directed the Executive Director to make sure a phone conference was set up for me to participate in the meeting. I called to make sure communications were functioning and that we could hear on both ends. The phone transfer was intercepted by Jay Hupp. He said it wasn't necessary for me to participate, and that we were not making any decisions at this meeting. When this incident was brought up at the meeting that afternoon by a constituent, Jay Hupp's response made it sound like I had called in just 5 minutes before the meeting, and that they could not have set up in time for me to participate in the meeting.....A FLAT OUT LIE JAY HUPP! I had called earlier in the day to make the arrangements to participate.

SO HERE'S THE DEAL: Take Tom Davis' advice, take back the Port of Shelton. Tell the "Three Amigos" NOT ON MY WATCH!...and you run their backsides out of office. Jay and Tom, you are not worthy of representing the community. You are not worthy of being called commissioners, and you are not worthy of being in the position you hold where our job as elected officials is to "PROTECT THE HEALTH AND SAFETY OF OUR COMMUNITY." That's your job. Your day is coming, and never believe you know what's in the best interest of the public if you don't listen to them. That's why soon you will be out of a job. Here's a quarter, call someone who cares. Or better yet, go knock on some doors in Kettle Falls for their opinion! We are turning on the lights and can see what you are doing....the jig is up!

Keep up the fight. We will win the day.

Jack Miles

8 comments:

  1. You couldn't be more right on, Jack. It's great to hear the passion behind the power of your convictions. Don't waiver- continue to speak truth to power.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm getting my very own Jay Hupp mask made, who else wants a Jay Hupp mask?

    ReplyDelete
  4. We absolutely agree. It's shocking how egregiously manipulative Jay Hupp is. And Tom Walitner and John Dobson follow suit.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can see the next Port meeting now: Masked Jay Hupps in all the chairs! (Don't forget Jay's signature slouch!)

    I'll take one; at the very least I could wear it into Lynch Creek some morning when Jay is having coffee and freak the daylights out of him!

    Jack, you are too bold, but I like it! We've got your back, and perhaps Jay Hupp and friends should remember that and tread carefully in their continuing efforts to harm you.

    Whose got Jay's back? Skip Hauser? Hmmmmm, isn't he the attorney for THE PORT OF SHELTON?

    Guess next we need to start researching that job: What are the duties and the restrictions in connection with representing a Port; when does that attorney cross the line in representing the Port, and present the appearance (like now) of representing a port commissioner, or the three stooges of the port, if you prefer, against the very citizens who elected them and the sole port commissioner who is doing the people's business?

    While Jack is busy trying to do his job, Jay is busy trying to wrest the last bit of citizen control from our grasp. The latest example of that, less public meetings -- who needs em? Not Jay; he and his posse got it all under control; "Don't you fret none, citizens, we be taking real good care of you. Now breathe deeply, citizens."

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was just told that the new SLOGAN around town is
    "The JIG is UP, JAY HUPP!"

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete