Sunday, March 27, 2011

FOR THE NEXT SEVEN GENERATIONS...

Mason County, WA USA

LETTER TO WA STATE GOVERNOR CHRIS GREGOIRE

Dear Gov. Gregoire,

I am writing this with tears in my eyes and faint hope in my heart that you will ever know about this letter and the personal anguish that prompts it. I have spent more than a year working on protecting and improving the environment of Mason County for one reason, my grandchildren...and the next seven generations.

Oakland Bay is the subject of an environmental crime. WA State (me) has paid to study it and clean it up. I don't believe the DOH when they say it is safe to eat shellfish from Oakland Bay, and I expect, in a few years, science will support my suspicions...as so often happens.

Now, after money spent, public relations opinions disseminated, and citizens assured that our government is protecting us by protecting this waterway, the state is permitting a 31 megawatt incinerator/boiler on the banks of Oakland Bay! And we're told to watch our septic systems and not wash our cars!

The hypocrisy stuns me. Is there not something you can do? I've supported your elections, and am proud to be a "Gregoire Democrat"...please take the time to look into this, and let me know why I shouldn't move to BC, Canada.

Thank you.

Connie Simpson,RN
Shelton, WA

Photo by Christine


SHELTON BLOG NOTE:

Contact Gov. Gregoire: http://www.governor.wa.gov/contact/default.asp

4 comments:

  1. Ahhh, writing to the Governor... that has proven so successful in these past months for those of us who have written to her repeatedly.

    It is a lovely message with great sentiment, but I am afraid all of our messages to Olympia are falling on deaf ears.

    None of the folks we elected, from City Council to President of the United States, can hear our pleas over the jingle of the gold being promised to them through the good offices of the United States Supreme Court via the decision in Citizens United.

    How strange that the decision tipping the scales forever in favor of polluting industry should be know by the name "Citizens United."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Canada; Amy and I did a lot of research into relocating to BC, even going as far as to buy property. But, alas my fair damsel, the fabled kingdom faulters under new Conservative control. And as the world shrinks ever smaller it is better anyway to fight than run.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Canadian opposition parties just gave their conservative government a vote of NO-CONFIDENCE. So maybe there is still hope for Canada.

    Too bad we don't have that form of government in Mason County. However, we will continue with our ALTERNATIVE expressions of NO-CONFIDENCE in Mason county & the City of Shelton leadership. Maybe there's still hope for us too.

    The corporate aggre$$ion is global. Wherever we are, we will end up having to fight.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful post. It is attached my heart. We should think about that that. We should think about next generation.
    eyelift

    ReplyDelete