Sunday, December 26, 2010

SOME END OF THE YEAR THOUGHTS

Mason County, WA USA

We have the power when we do not succumb to fear

Submitted to Shelton Blog by Linda Gruer


I have been trying to do what I can for our concern over our community environment, with positive thoughts, letters to everyone I can think of, talking to people, contributing money, and going to some protests and meetings. I am sure there is more I could do. But I have also been trying to gain knowledge, and not just facts. Below are some thoughts, in a kind of random order, that I would like to pass on.

1. We must persist in insisting on a healthy environment, and on other issues, too. We will continue, no matter what the outcome. But I feel we must do so with a positive energy. We will not gain anything by creating the same dark energy in our resistance as we feel coming from those grinding our environment to its knees.

2. We have the power when we do not succumb to fear. How do you keep the masses under control? By instigating fear. It has been so successful in history, and certainly in the last 10 years. First you have to have constant war on terror. And fear of lack of jobs and abundance will get people to do almost anything, even allow the likes of Adage and Simpson. I always say the way to keep the masses down and busy is to have a good recession, and pump them up with the idea of the "American Dream". The middle class is being devastated while being told they too, could be really rich. When the reality is that there is plenty of abundance and jobs (etc.) if it were redistributed. I am waiting for people to realize this. Boy, that realization would strike it's own fear in the hearts of the greedy power elite!

3. We have the power because we have the numbers. Slowly, I think, more are becoming "enlightened", which could mean a lot of things, but mostly I mean it here as knowledge or no fear. There will be a tipping point at some time (maybe not in our lifetimes) when the power elites will no longer have the power because they can no longer manipulate us through fear. It will happen. What Shelton/ Olympic Peninsula/USA/World/Human Species looks like by then, is the open question. So, the more light, (knowledge) we see and spread and live our lives by, the quicker the collective consciousness will create this tipping point.

4. We are fortunate here because the our numbers do mean something. We have the vote, and we have our actions. We have more power than we realize through voting with our dollars. The US economy is about 2/3 consumer spending, and businesses spend much trying to solicit our dollars. We can make many statements by redirecting our spending.

5. And we have the freedom of speech. We will be heard. Not too long ago, I would be in trouble for saying any of this.

6. Anger is a form of fear. That really is my main message here. Anger begets anger. It plays into the dark energy we are trying to resist. I know when I am angry, I am the one who suffers! So we do all we can, then learn to go to sleep peaceful. That is my wish for all of us. Keep up the good work!


Photo by Christine Mason County Progressive www.masoncountyprogressive.net

3 comments:

  1. Thank you! No one can argue with your observations. I would add only that the 'high road' is often the one least traveled simply because it tends to be the longer journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I am only one, but I am one.
    I cannot do everything
    but I can do something.
    And I will not let what I cannot do
    interfere with what I can do."

    Thank you for your post. Made me think of this favorite quote I pirated from someone's email and I do not know who to credit for it. But it speaks to what we are all trying to do: "something."

    Lots to do before the end of the year, keep it light.

    ReplyDelete