Friday, December 24, 2010

A Monitor Promised for Downtown Shelton


Submitted to Shelton Blog by Katherine Price

SMALL MIRACLES

This morning I was in a parking lot filled with Christmas shoppers. There was not a parking place to be found when suddenly a woman in a front row parking place pulled out, and I pulled in. We made eye contact and grinned at each other – “score!” Ten minutes later, with no packages in tow, I returned to my car. A lady pulled into my parking spot as I pulled out. We made eye contact and grinned at each other – “score!”

Small miracles indeed; but the small miracles add up.

The day before yesterday, I had another small miracle. I returned home to a message on my answering machine from Mr.
Robert Moody, the Compliance Supervisor at ORCAA. Mr. Moody was delivering another small miracle, the promise that the monitor at the hospital will be moved to downtown Shelton. It may be “thirty days, or three months” before it is moved, according to Mr. Moody, but what a gift to the people who live and work down town that it will indeed be moved.

My thanks to Mr. Moody, and the folks at ORCAA! I hope everyone who breathes air in Mason County will let Mr. Moody know how much we appreciate his efforts to monitor the air we are breathing, and how much we look forward to the swift movement of the monitor from the hospital site to the downtown area.

I hope that all of our blog readers and contributors have many small miracles this season, and that we begin the new year with a renewed sense of the urgency of our common goal: SAVE OUR AIR!

Keep it light...
Mason County Progressive www.masoncountyprogressive.net

3 comments:

  1. HALLELUJAH!
    The NOSE PROS go TECH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I dunno.. I think it's some sort of trick.. they will recalibrate the thing to say the air is super clean.. call me paranoid..

    Sounds like very good news on the surface though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fred, are you trying to rain on my parade?!

    I am particularly hopeful that they place it downtown, and that they calibrate it correctly. I work downtown, and the smell lately and my stinging eyes got my attention.

    I would like to know what I am sucking into my lungs when I run errands.

    ReplyDelete