Tuesday, September 14, 2010

JACK MILES' VOTING ADVISORY UPDATE

9/20/10 UPDATE RE: Eliminating Commissioner Districts

To all the voters who are eagerly awaiting the upcoming general election:

I need to make a major correction in the posting I made regarding the initiatives on the ballot that will affect the Port of Shelton. I am now changing my position on one initiative and that is Vote YES on eliminating commissioner districts.

Here's why: If 2 commissioner positions are added to the Port of Shelton
AND the commissioner districts are eliminated, an election to vote on the 2 new commissioner positions can be added to the February election. BUT, If that elimination of commissioner districts fails, and adding 2 commissioners to the board passes, the Port of Shelton must spend the next year re-districting, and the election of the 2 added Commissioners to the board would not take place for another year.

I am asking when you receive your ballots, please
VOTE YES to each issue on the ballot regarding the Port of Shelton. The winds of change are coming. So please vote! Thank you all very much....

All my best,
Jack Miles

No comments:

Post a Comment