Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Thank you again Adage?


Submitted to Shelton Blog by John Cox


For some time now, I have been watching, reading, and hearing about various disturbing events and issues.

Chevron Oil's destruction of Nigeria, the BP refinery explosion, the BP oil spill, the privatized prison industry involvement in the Arizona immigration law, and on and on.

These are all examples of the corrupting influence of corporate greed and the complicity of politicians.

But the experience of these issues, as important as they are, have been, more or less, second hand for me. I haven't really had a direct experience of the corruption, filth and slime that these events represent...until now. And I have Adage to thank for that...

So thank you Adage:
  • for showing me just how corrupt, self-serving, arrogant, egotistical, closed minded and petty (with rare exceptions), our local politicians are.
  • for showing me how little regard most of our politicians have for the welfare of our community.
  • for further inspiring me to do whatever I can to stop further abuse.
  • for further inspiring me to think globally and act locally.
  • for providing me with still another opportunity to clearly see, without any doubt, that the true nature of corporations is greed, and their sole purpose is profit. Nothing else matters. I don't matter. You don't matter. Our families don't matter. The Earth itself doesn't matter. Only profit matters.

1 comment:

  1. LOVE IT!!!!!

    The center PIG looks just like Jay Hupp -- no kidding!

    Instead of Jack Miles, in our thougts we've inserted TIMMY SHELDON as the 3rd little HOGGY.

    We've put this picture of the 3 HOGS where we can see it every day and get a good chuckle. At little levity helps during these times.

    ReplyDelete