Thursday, June 9, 2011

Jack Miles Running for Re-election to Port

JACK READY FOR ROUND 2

Submitted to Shelton Blog by Jack Miles Mason County Progressive

TO:
Constituents of Mason County Port District 216

On June 7th, I filed my Declaration of Candidacy for Re-election to the Port of Shelton. It has been my honor to serve the citizens of Mason County. The road has been rough, but at the end of the day, I know as your representative WHO I WORK FOR!


Prior to becoming a Port Commissioner, I was appointed by the County Commission to the Mason County Housing Authority as a Commissioner. It was my honor to serve and advocate issues relating to low income housing. While on the board, I became a member of the National Association of Housing and Redevelopment Officials to help bring ideas of developing low income housing for families and seniors. I still see this as a critical need for Mason County.

As your representative at the Port of Shelton, I have always represented the interests of the public. I have proven that Big Business such as ADAGE, and those who lobby for ADAGE could not influence my abilities to represent YOU! I question how your tax dollars are spent and why. I expect the government to give the best quality of service you deserve.

I am running for re-election, not because I always yield results. I am running because YOU THE CITIZENS need a voice and someone who will ask tough questions and keep the elected officials accountable. I will never rubber stamp any decision without investigation. I haven't won many of the battles at the Port of Shelton, rather, I have planted the seeds and have seen them grow through you, THE PUBLIC. I am forever grateful that Mason County has concerned citizens, and for your tireless efforts in being involved in the political system.

I have worked hard to protect the health and quality of life for you and your family. Even when it has affected my own health, and I would do it again. I look forward in continuing my efforts to represent you. Another company like ADAGE could try to locate on Port property at anytime, and OUR COMMUNITY needs a leader who is not afraid to take a stand.

I AM READY FOR ROUND 2.

Thank you for your support!

Jack Miles
www.WeBackJackMiles.com

1 comment:

  1. Jack, you took a hell of a political risk siding with the air-breathers against the corporate machine; you either ensured your re-election or committed political suicide. The jury is still out.

    I hope Mason County's citizens recognize the position you took was because of your belief that OUR need for clean air trumped the need of any industry to make a profit.

    However, you crossed the line in the eyes of some when you sided WITH THE CITIZENS against moneyed corporate interests.

    I hope you are rewarded BY THE CITIZENS you chose to protect for the sacrifice you made to REPRESENT THEIR INTERESTS.

    And if Dick Taylor is who corporate interests choose to run against you, a corporatist who has not yet held a job he wanted to finish in Mason County (kind of like that little gal from Wasila, AK), we will be toasting you with champagne at Stevens on election night!

    Thanks, Jack, for standing up for me, my children and my precious granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete